Arnika is a Czech non-profit organization that has been uniting people striving for a better environment since 2001.
Our mission is to protect nature and a healthy environment for future generations both in Czechia and abroad. In our activities, we rely on three components - public involvement in the decision-making process, expert opinions and justified requests, and media coverage of the problems. In the long-term, we are promoting less waste and hazardous substances, wild living rivers and diverse nature, and the right of citizens to make decisions about the environment.
Our stories with a happy ending prove that the work of the people in Arnika brings concrete results. We are constantly working to keep it that way. However, Arnika's list of successes would be much shorter without the help of volunteers and sponsors.
We are members of international & Czech associations:
- International Pollutants Elimination Network − IPEN
- European Environmental Bureau − EEB
- Global Alliance for Incinerator Alternatives − GAIA
- Health Care Without Harm
- European ECO Forum
- European Rivers Network
- International Rivers Network
- Green Circle − Association of the Czech Environmental NGOs
- FORS − Czech Development Cooperation Forum
Our international activities are kindly supported by individual donors and the following funds: