We are pleased to invite you to participate in the round table, organized on the occasion of the launch of the project “Participation of civil society in the mitigation of climate change in the Karaganda Oblast of Kazakhstan”. The project is implemented by the Karaganda Regional Environmental Museum and the non-governmental organization Arnika (Czech Republic) with the financial support of the European Union.
In order to fulfill Kazakhstan‘s commitments under the Paris Agreement at the local level, the project will facilitate interaction and co-operation between the public, the state authorities, local and regional governments, the expert community, and other key stakeholders to implement specific measures to mitigate the impacts of climate change on the natural environment, and the economy and society in the Karaganda Oblast.
Date: 8 June 2022, 11:00–13:00
Venue: Karaganda Regional Ecological Museum, Bukhar Zhyrau 47 (1st floor), Karaganda
Registration of the participants.
• Johannes Stenbæk Madsen, Head of the Cooperation Section at the European Union Delegation to Kazakhstan
• Nurbek Nurzhanovich Serikov, Head of the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Management of the Karaganda Oblast
• Dmitry Kalmykov, development director of EcoMuseum
Kazakhstan‘s climate policy: from international commitments to local action
Dmitry Kalmykov, development director of EcoMuseum
Increasing civil society’s awareness of climate change and involvement in decision-making processes
Irina Ignatovich, expert on public awareness of EcoMuseum
Transfer of EU experience in developing and implementing local climate policies
Martin Skalsky, chair of Arnika (Czech Republic)
Signing of the memorandum between the Project and the Department of Natural Resources of Karaganda Oblast
Questions / answers
1. Priority sectors for developing climate change mitigation plans
2. Economic sectors in need of transformation
Summarization of the round table.