Great news at the end of the year! Green Council has been established in the Karaganda region! The council will include representatives from the authorized, representative and local executive authorities, non-profit organizations, scientific, educational and business organizations, journalists, and active residents of Karaganda.
The regional Department of natural resources and environmental management issued an order on the Green Council establishment on November 30, 2022. What will be on the agenda of the re-established body?
THE TASKS OF THE GREEN COUNCIL:
- Analyzing environmental issues.
- Considering questions of financing programs, projects, measures, and other directions of nature protection activity, development of forest and water resources from budgetary and non-budgetary sources of financing.
- Determination of priorities in environmental activities, ensuring measures to create conditions for environmentally safe development of the regional economy and effective use of environmental resources.
- Consulting support of projects of target programs and plans to improve the ecological situation in the territory of Karaganda region.
- To collect, develop and direct proposals on implementation in the Karaganda region of nature protection measures, activities, projects and decisions.
- Ensuring public and public access to environmentally relevant information and decision-making processes.
The decisions of the Green Council come in the form of recommendations.
The EcoMuseum’s representatives in the Green Council will be:
- Aigul Malikova, director
- Kalmykov Dmitry, development director
- Irina Ignatovich, educational programs coordinator
- Anna Andreychuk, director of “The Center for New Environmentally Friendly Technologies” foundation
The first meeting of the Green Council took place online on December 27. The meeting discussed the Council's statute, structure, tasks, responsibilities, and organizational issues.
According to the approved work plan for 2023, the council is scheduled to hold four meetings in the upcoming year to discuss (not only) these issues:
1. Progress and adjustments to the Karaganda Region Environmental Action Plan.
2. Reports of large industrial enterprises of Temirtau, Balkhash, on implementing environmental measures.
3. Issues of greenery planting of settlements.
4. Implementation of water safety measures.
1. Public participation in making environmentally significant decisions, providing access to environmental information and public environmental control.
2. Problems of sewage treatment plants in the Karaganda region.
3. Issues of gasification of settlements.
1. Waste management system of the Karaganda region.
2. Implementation of the Green Kazakhstan National Project.
3. Planting of greenery in settlements.
4. Progress of development of the Karaganda region environmental quality targets.
1. Implementing the Roadmap for a comprehensive solution to environmental problems in the Karaganda region.
2. Implementation of "green technologies" in the Karaganda region.
3. Measures to reduce atmospheric emissions from major industrial enterprises in Temirtau, Balkhash, and Karaganda region.