Ekodom, Arnika’s partner organization in Belarus, organized a letter campaign supporting political prisoners in December. Several environmental activists and environmental journalists remain in prison. Others have been released, but often only after serving their full sentence. This includes Sergei Petrukhin and Aleksandr Kabanov, who organized a citizens’ campaign against constructing a battery plant in Brest. They were released on 17 December.
People who remain in prison:
- Viktor Aleksandrovich Fenchuk
- Stepan Sergeyevich Latypov
- Yevgeny Aleksandrovich Rubashko
- Andrei Alekseevich Kuznechik
- Aleksandr Andreyevich Belov
- Pavel Ivanovich Nozdrya
- Artyom Dmitriyevich Solovyevich
- Yevgeny Aleksandrovich Merkis
- Snezhana Inanets
You can find details about the individual cases HERE.